The median 100mg dose of Spedra is typically given to men using it for the first time, who have no pre-existing medical conditions, and who are not taking any medications that may interfere with its function.
In cases where this dose produces mild side effects but otherwise functions as intended in treating erectile dysfunction, a doctor may choose to adjust treatment down to 50mg.
If the patient tolerates the medicine well but it does not produce the desired result, then a doctor may choose to up the dose to 200mg.
How effective is Spedra 100mg?
Clinical trials for Spedra on men with ED produced the following results:
- 47 percent of attempts at sexual intercourse by those on the 50mg dose were successful
- 58 percent of attempts by those on the 100mg dose were successful
- and 59 percent of attempts by those on the 200mg dose were successful.
If you have used Spedra and it hasn’t produced the desired results, then you should notify your doctor who may choose to adjust your dose or try a different medicine.
Who is Spedra 100mg for?
You will usually use Spedra 100mg if:
- you are taking Spedra for the first time
- the medication has been deemed suitable for you to use by a medical practitioner
- you have no medical conditions which might be exacerbated by PDE5 inhibitors
- you have not experienced an adverse event or side effects due to the use of PDE5 inhibitors in the past
- you are not taking other medicines which might cause interactions when taken with Spedra
Is there anyone who shouldn’t take it?
Spedra 100mg should only be taken by men with erectile dysfunction. It should not be used by men who do not have this condition, and it should never be taken by women.
Men who have certain conditions, such as angina, liver or kidney disease, or uncontrolled blood pressure, should not use it. In cases where someone has used a PDE5 inhibitor medicine in the past and had severe side effects, then the use of Spedra is also not suitable.
Starting with the lowest dose
The manufacturer's leaflet states that 100mg is the usual dose.
However, first-time users who purchase Spedra from Treated.com will be offered the lowest dose as an introduction to the medication.
When prescribing a medication, a doctor will typically try to issue the lowest dose known to be effective possible.
If Spedra 50 mg does not provide the patient with sufficient erectile improvements then a higher dose may be recommended.
You can find more information on when it is safe to use Spedra on our product information page.