HPV (human papillomavirus) refers to a group of very common viruses. Some are classed as high risk and can potentially lead to cancer. This at home testing kit checks for 14 high risk strains and 5 low risk strains.
You can order your HPV test kit today from our UK pharmacy and receive it as soon as tomorrow. All orders are sent by tracked courier in discreet packaging.
The HPV vaginal swab test checks for a number of HPV strains in women, even if you do not have any symptoms.
What is HPV?
The Human Papillomavirus, more commonly known as HPV, refers to a large family of viral strains that can be transmitted through sexual contact. It is a very common virus but not all strains cause symptoms.
Most people who have HPV will be asymptomatic but the virus can also cause genital warts or in some cases it can lead to cancer.
The majority of the HPV strains cannot be treated. However, cases of genital warts and cervical cancer do require treatment.
It is possible to lower your risk of contracting HPV by using condoms during sex but doing so will not offer full protection. This is because the virus can be spread through a number of means, not just penetrative sex.
How does the HPV test work?
The HPV test kit uses a swab to take a sample of cells from inside the vagina. You can collect the sample yourself at home.
This test should only be used by women.
Is the HPV test the same as a smear test?
No. The smear test checks for cell abnormalities in the cervix which can lead to cervical cancer. If you receive a negative result from your HPV test, it is still important to attend your regular smear tests.
Can I get the HPV vaccine?
In England the HPV vaccine is routinely offered to girls and boys in the Year 8 school group. It offers protection against four strains of HPV, two of which cause the majority of cervical cancers in the UK. It is possible to receive this vaccination up until turning 25 years old.
How can I order a HPV test online?
You can buy your at home HPV test above. All you need to do is complete a short order form. Your selected test will be sent out to you by next-day courier.
Each test kit contains:
- a set of instructions
- a request form
- a name label
- a self addressed, post-paid mailer
- a self sampling wand
- a sample tube with cap
- a plastic sample bag.
If you receive your test kit and an item is missing, please contact our customer care team.
Please read through the full set of instructions before you commence sample collection.
- Complete the details on the request form and name label.
- Wash your hands in warm soapy water.
- Remove the sample tube from its packaging swab and the wand from its tube.
- Do not let the white wand touch anything, only hold it by the blue handle.
- You can take the sample in a standing or lying down position.
- Keep the wand straight and insert it into the opening of the vagina.
- Gently twist the swab around once.
- Remove the swab and keep it straight. Do not let it come into contact with any other surfaces.
- Let the wand dry for three minutes by resting it on the sample tube so that the white tip is in the air and not touching anything.
- Take the lid off the collection tube
- Place the white wand tip into the collection tube, bend the wand so that the white tip falls into the tube.
- Tightly close the lid of the collection tube and dispose of the blue handle.
- Wash and dry your hands.
- Make sure you fill out your details on the name label and attach to your sample.
- Place your labelled sample into the mailer with your request form.
- Before you seal the envelope, please run through the checklist to make sure you have correctly carried out all the steps.
- Post your sample immediately.
- You will be notified as soon as your result is available in your secure patient area.
If you require any help or assistance with regard to collecting your sample, please contact The Doctors Laboratory on 0207 307 7373, or email email@example.com.
Alternatively, please call our customer service team on 0207 043 0716, or contact us via your patient area.
How does it work?
All test kit orders are shipped by tracker courier and should be received within one working day. When you receive your kit you should carefully read the enclosed instructions. The instructions will guide you through collecting the sample and sending it to our partner lab for analysis.
Who is your partner lab?
Your test will be analysed by our partner lab TDL Pathology, a UK-based testing laboratory.
How long does it take?
It can take several days for the tests to be carried out on the sample you provide.
Will it hurt?
Collecting the sample should not hurt, it may feel slightly uncomfortable.
How will I be notified of my results?
Results are made available in your secure patient area. When your result is ready, you will receive a notification text message or email.
Following the outcome of your result, our doctors may offer guidance on what to do next.
What happens if I test positive for HPV?
A positive result means that you are currently carrying at least one of the strains of HPV. You may need to make an appointment with your GP.
Depending on the outcome of your test, one of our GMC-registered doctors may provide advice on any recommended further action that you should take.
Getting a HPV test online
Our private testing service makes it easy for you to order your HPV test kit and get it delivered straight to your door. Your test kit will include simple instructions to guide you through the sample collection process. Once this is completed you simply send it to our partner lab using the envelope provided. The lab will carry out the necessary tests and your results will be made available on your secure patient area.