The most common side effects noted include:
- tender breasts
- irregular bleeding
- changes to your mood and sex drive
- nausea and vomiting
- cysts on your ovaries (they should be harmless and won’t need treatment)
If you get side effects that cause you discomfort and don’t go away, drop us a message. They may recommend that you try an alternative mini pill.
More serious side effects with the progestin-only pill are rare, but it’s good to know what the symptoms are in case you do need to get medical help.
Stop using the progestin-only pill and go to the hospital immediately if you experience:
- signs of a blood clot (throbbing or cramping pain, feeling breathlessness suddenly, coughing up blood)
- signs of a heart attack (cold sweat, fatigue, chest pain)
- signs of a stroke (a sudden weakness on one side of your body, difficulty seeing out of one or both of your eyes, sudden confusion)